James M. Caffrey
Jim has been a partner in the firm since its founding in 2003. Prior to becoming a lawyer, he spent thirteen years with the New York City Police Department, achieving the rank of Sergeant.
Together with partner Steven Bamundo, Jim handles the firm’s real estate, matrimonial and general civil litigation clients. He has a particular interest in property issues in divorce cases, such as the equitable distribution of police pensions. Jim makes preparedness and accessibility to his clients a priority in his practice, both of which are quickly recognized and appreciated by his clients.
When not practicing law, Jim enjoys spending time with his wife and grown children, sailing, playing music, and traveling.
- Real Estate Transactions
- Real Estate Litigation
- Matrimonial Law
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice, B.S.
- Touro Law School, J.D., 1995
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York Police Department’s Sergeants Benevolent Association
- Knights of Columbus